2016 Nomination, ‘Roots Act of the Year’, New England Music Awards
2015-Winner, ‘Best In State: Maine’, New England Music Awards
2014-Nomination, ‘Americana/Roots Act of the Year’, New England Music Awards
2014-Nomination, ‘Best Americana/Roots/Folk Group’, Spotlight Awards
A father, a son and a family friend who started writing and performing their music together just for fun, have become the band the Boston Examiner says has “reinvented acoustic”.
Hailing from Southern Maine, award winning Acoustic Roots trio HILTON PARK continue to share their unique blend of timeless tales and soulful Blood Harmony with audiences young and old. Hilton Park is finding that in an industry where individual talent often goes unnoticed, family unity and harmony can prevail.
Hilton Park began in the Spring of 2013, as a fun bonding project for father and son Bruce and Conor Hilton. When friends and family started commenting on the ethereal blend of their voices, they decided to record a few songs and find an audience. Adding Gregg Pannier’s piano and voice to the mix, the unique flavor that is Hilton Park took shape. Their first CD, “Greener Grass”, was called “one of the best sounding releases of the year” by Seacoast Online, and led to a 2014 New England Music Award nomination.
HILTON PARK is known in the Northeastern U.S. for earthy, emotionally expressive and superbly crafted Americana, Folk & Blues. The Third Half says, ““Hilton Park is about as New England as clam chowder and flour biscuits… rootsy folk that imparts an old time feel in brand new songs. A listener would undoubtedly imagine themselves comfortably on an old front porch, right next to this dynamic trio”. Two albums and 3 New England Music Award nominations later (including the win in 2015 for “Best In State: Maine”), Hilton Park continues to weave stories into instantly classic melodies and lyrics that are as unforgettable as the ‘stick in your head’ songs from the peak era of beloved songwriters like Crosby, Stills & Nash and The Band, but with modern insight for today’s audience. Every song tells a story, and there’s a story behind every song.
This quote from a live review echoes what folks all over are saying about Hilton Park; ”They are the folks next door who just happen to be virtuoso musicians, styling traditional folk/country instruments with fresh and original tunes. But the biggest treat may be the vocal harmonies. Our audience was enthralled. Edge of our seats, truly.”
- “Hilton Park is about as New England as clam chowder and flour biscuits… rootsy folk that imparts an old time feel in brand new songs. A listener would undoubtedly imagine themself comfortably on an old front porch, right next to this dynamic trio”. The Third Half (Feb 5, 2016)
- Hilton Park is creating a whole new genre for current music. They have reinvented acoustic” Amy Nachbar, Boston Examiner (May 13, 2015)
- “Hilton Park’s new album ‘Strings’ tells its story with a warm, family tenderness that everything is going to be okay so long as you listen closely… like a sweet flowing fabric that catches warm breezes as it dries on the line out back of your summer home. From rowdy saloon bustling ballads, to soft, candied flowering story, there is something for everyone in this album.” Megan Gazzo, The Equal Ground (March 31, 2015)
- “Consistently innocent and accessible, and often idealistic…This is a very good group and I suspect that they will get better and better.” Peter Alexander, Coastal Journal (August 13, 2015)
- “Hilton Park has made quite a name for itself in the circles of acoustic music. Their originals ring out in every note with pop brightness, harmonic finesse, and within the framework of good song craft….Hilton Park just might be the beginning of a huge music scene trend gaining more mainstream appeal.”
Bill Copeland Music News (Apr 28, 2014)
- “One of the best sounding releases of the year…”Greener Grass,” is fresh. The production is sparkling. The acoustic instrumentation and vocal harmonies are top-notch. There’s no more vibrant color than green. That sentiment resonates throughout this stellar piece of work.”
Christopher Hislop, Portsmouth Herald Spotlight (Dec 26, 2013)
- “[Hilton Park’s] songwriting is so uplifting I did not hesitate to buy three copies of the “Moments…” CD … The harmonies just resonate with your soul, too. Experiencing live music is a great way to spend money!” -Nancy B.
- “The sound was tight and the vocals, often angelic, were spot on with that vibe you can only get at a live performance. [Moments] is clearly one of those CD’s I will load and play start to finish, not one that makes me want to cherry pick. The stories behind the songs, the trademark instrument swaps, camaraderie, banter and antics made it all feel like a performance by friends”. -Pete B.
- “They are the folks next door who just happen to be virtuoso musicians, styling traditional folk/country instruments with fresh and original tunes. But the biggest treat may be the vocal harmonies. Our audience was enthralled. Edge of our seats, truly”. -Ken G.
- “Hilton Park is a band that sounds so different…the vocals are unique, the sound is unique, even the structure of the songs is different …they are at the crossroad of many influences but sound like nobody…melodies are infectious… I will air tracks 1,2,4,8″ – Mike Penard, SA Radio (France)